Tunis

Friday, October 15, 2010

Mollie writes back

Dear Libby:
We read your letter to us.  How exciting to get a letter....you sure have been through so much since we last saw you.  We miss you....we at least I, Mollie miss you a great deal.  Now I only have two little dogs to play with and well....they just aren't you!!  Sometimes my Dad or Mom take me to the dog park or on a walk and I see bigger dogs...but I always look and realize that they are just NOT you.  Every time I come home from my walk I run into your yard just hoping you will miraculously appear...  Sometimes I see Rascal but I don't think she really likes me very much...and quite frankly, the feeling is mutual.  Ellie gets along much better with cats.  I don't very often see the other two cats, but Rascal is always outside looking for someone to play with her and meowing her crackly little voice.  I just wish she was a little bigger and not a cat!!
My Dad left me last week for a whole week.  I think my Mom was gone too, but I really am not too sure...I just know for sure that my Dad was gone.  My brother and sister stayed here and my Pop was here too.  I went back and forth to my Pop's house and my house.  Since you told me a secret I am going to tell you one too.  One day when my Dad was gone, I went with Pop and Ellie to my Pop's house.  My Pop let me and Ellie and Jazzie out in the back yard and, please please don't tell.... I escaped.... I ran back home just hoping my Dad came home while I was gone.  Then, I heard my Pop calling me....but....I was so scared I hid on him and didn't answer.  He called and called but I never came out.  He finally went away and later I heard him tell Cameron that he went down to their school to see if for some strange reason I went there.  Why would I go there without my Dad?  Anyways, by the time he showed up again at my house I had forgotten that I was hiding and went to the front door, you know, so that just in case Dad came home he would see me first!!!!!  But, my Pop found me and scolded me for running away.  I felt bad for him, so I didn't do that again...besides....I have to keep Ellie and Jasmine from fighting with each other.  That is my job.. I am the mediator. 
My Dad and Mom have never left us alone for more than a few hours.  One time we went to a big place and were kept in cages with a bunch of other dogs but since then we have never had to go back there.  When my Dad goes away and maybe my Mom too.... My pop always looks after me and Ellie.  We love him second best to our Dad.  I guess that means we are not old enough yet.. to be left alone I mean??  Maybe one day...but you know, Ellie gets kind of weird when we are left alone.  She sits in the entry way on the seat looking at the door.  I think she looks like an owl from behind she never moves.
I love my car rides.  I go all the time with my Dad when he goes out.  I can't imagine what it would be like if I could not go with him in the car anymore?  How do you stand it?  Why can't you go in the car?  Ellie sometimes won't go in the car anymore so she would be ok with not have a car to ride in...but not me!  I love to look out the windows and watch the world go by.....remember that time when my Dad took you, me and Ellie to my mom's work.  We were on our best behaviour and we got to go in the jeep.  I love the jeep because I can see so well out the windows of that car.  My mom always laughs at my Dad about that.  She told him he would rather travel with his "dogs" than his people.  Don't tell my Mom...but I think she is right....
I don't know how you do it without a ball.....I love my balls....every single one of them.  Sometimes, when I can't find them, Jazzie will come over and find each and every one of them.  She is small but a great ball retreiver....So, I hope your shipment comes soon...I really don't know what that is.  My human words aren't so great either.  Ellie is the smart one.  Don't tell Ellie either...but sometimes I just follow her...even though I am the big one.
So, there isn't too much more to tell you.  It's been quiet here.  The strangers that live in your house seem to be quieter now and there are not so many cars to run around when we come home from our walks. 
I can't wait for you to come home...I miss you...stay safe and don't eat too much stuff off the ground...my Dad says sometimes that stuff can be bad so be careful!!  Although...again a little secret...I love deer poop....or geese poop....ah...yes such a delicacy. 
Love
Mollie (with Ellie's help).....

Ellie and Molly - waiting patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment